Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Parametric EQ's

  1. #1
    Inactive Member RacerXtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How many of you guys use parametric EQ's ?

    I've got an old SAE that I haven't used in years,......... but have been thinking about hooking that baby up.


    c-ya


    Guy

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Altec19's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I prefer to keep the audio path as short and clean as possible. I too have an SAE 1800 sitting on the shelf. It's a decent vintage consumer grade parametric but I'm fortunate not to need any significant correction in my present space. I like to have an EQ in my "toolbox" to help identify problems but will try to correct them using methods that involve changing the acoustic environment rather than intervene electronically. I've been to the other extreme as well, using all manner of processors but have found that they only mask or introduce other deficiencies that need to be dealt with. In the end, I've decided on a minimalist approach to an accurate and neutral system that reveals everything that a recording may have to offer. Unfortunately, it is a rare recording that offers both talent and technical quality.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.